Our client is a growing start up and looking for a VP of Product. Our client is growing rapidly and scaling their Product Development team and looking for an experienced VP of Product to deliver measurable business results through product features and solutions that meet market needs and company goals. This is a newly created role that reports directly to the CTO. Internally, they are on the journey of transforming to a customer experience led organization.
You will be responsible for driving this transformation and ensuring we are organized to achieve this goal. You will not only be an influencer on the leadership team by providing in-depth customer insights to support strategic decisions but will also build, lead and manage a world-class product team to drive both growth and a world-class experience.
- Responsible for the product vision and direction of the digital B2C product
- Proven strong in four key competencies: Team Development, Product Vision, Execution, and Product Culture.
- Provide deep user insights to the leadership team to influence strategic business choices.
- Rapid iteration and deployment of customer-facing improvements — ownership mentality with deep commitment to quality and excellence for the consumer
- Experience building strong teams of product managers and designers.
- Proven ability in not just developing a great product, but developing great people.
- Track record of identifying and recruiting potential talent, and then working actively and continuously with those people to address their weaknesses and exploit their strengths.
- Customer-first approach and mindset
- Working with the leadership team to define and drive the product strategy
- A product leader that knows how to get things done and an absolute proven ability to do so.
- Demonstrated experience in scaling product and teams quickly. Specifically building teams that can execute consistently, rapidly, and effectively
- Expert on modern forms of product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and product development process
- Experience building a strong product culture, where the team understands the importance of continuous and rapid testing and learning.
- Understanding the need to make mistakes in order to learn, but the need to make them quickly and mitigate the risks and reduce the cost of failure.
- Review data analytics across the entire funnel from awareness > engagement to drive decision-making and prioritize efforts
- Deeply understand the relationship between CAC and LTV
- Drive ongoing and continued user research/insights to drive decision making
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Proven track record of building and aligning a higher performance team and collaborating and influencing others to get results
- Experience building, launching and scaling successful consumer brands/products within an eCommerce/online environment
- Highly developed analytical skills; ability to define and analyze numerous product metrics and the ability to translate data and performance results into actionable plans that lead to results
- 10+ years of product experience in senior leadership positions, building and managing high-performance teams
- Strong core B2C product knowledge around creating experiences across mobile, web & eCommerce and an eye for beautiful, simple and engaging functional design
- Relentless in your approach to engaging with our consumers and partners, consistently trying and testing new ways to contribute to a better experience, higher usage, and revenue generation.