Our client is an established, yet growing software company, and seeking a UX Design Director to join Professional Services organization in Austin, Texas. In this role, the Experience Design Director, working as an individual contributor and strategic leader, will help shape deliverables for client projects as well as provide an industry approach and collaborative thought leadership approach to the practice globally. Working closely with UX, product, research and engineering teams the Experience Design Director will be responsible for understanding our client’s business and driving real results through a consultative approach helping clients to best leverage our technology to drive their business.
- This role does require travel depending on client demand, up to 50% Travel
- Stay current on trends in the industry and bring thought leadership to customers
- Provide oversight, at various levels, to all design deliverables globally and act as a point of escalation in a role similar to a Creative Director for global resources as needed
- When needed, be an individual contributor on projects that require various levels of UX/UI design skills Identify talent and build team of in-house and contract resources to help scale team capabilities
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 7+ years professional experience working as a UI/UX Designer in the digital design field, successfully delivering web, mobile and/or software apps
- Strong understanding of user experience, usability and accessibility principles
- Ability to lead and conduct client driven workshops around a variety of topics such as customer journey mapping and persona development, digital strategy, etc.
- Drive UX workshops, present the design solutions and follow up with stakeholders
- Work with UI developers to implement designs and validate features as they are built to ensure they adhere to original design and UX principals
- Deep knowledge of user-centered design principles & design as communication, not just fine art
- Power to influence others and build consensus, while dealing with ambiguity
- Team player, comfortable with rapid iteration process and working within a small fast paced team, adaptable and able to multi-task
- A deep appreciation and talent for simple solutions to complex problems
- Expert knowledge of design and collaboration tools such as Sketch, InVision, JIRA, etc.
- Enjoy problem solving and comfortable operating in state of ambiguity at times