The Technician I assembles, tests and services simple manufactured products such as cryogenic pumps with supervision from a mentor. Ability to read and interpret drawings and follow company procedures to ensure quality parts are built and tested.
1. Ensure assembly and tests of the product are per specification and meet all quality requirements.
- Able to work on simple cryogenic pumps and other simple pumps.
- Able to perform simple balance, simple hydrostatic pressure tests, and interference fits.
- Able to read engineering drawings and use technical instructions to perform the task.
- Review the router for the assigned work and pull the proper tools, material, parts, and documents needed for the job.
- Read, comprehend and follow the work instruction and appropriate drawings in order to properly setup the work station to perform the job.
- Evaluate the parts for cleanliness and clean the parts as necessary.
- Inspect all parts for nonconformities, note the findings and generate a Preliminary Material Review (PMR) for resolution prior to proceeding.
- Following the router, the drawings and the work instructions, assemble the part to the level needed for the test required.
- Build the test loop per the documentation to ensure requirements are met.
- Certify the test loop with engineering and the Lead Technician to ensure the product integrates properly and that the quality of the product will be maintained throughout the test.
- Aide in the testing of the product per test procedures
- Note the results of the test on the router and identify failure mode if applicable.
- If the test fails work with a mentor to troubleshoot the potential cause by checking the test set-up, verify equipment settings, validate the interfaces to quickly identify and resolve the problem.
- Perform necessary changes and modifications and retest per the test plan.
- Package the product to ensure quality is maintained and route the product to the next step.
- Sign the router noting the time required and complete the weekly timesheet.
- Ensure inspection gauging is calibrated and is not overdue for calibration. If the gauge is overdue, turn the gauge into quality.
2. Collaborate with all departments to ensure that information and data transfers effectively to meet customer needs and organizational objectives.
- Identify daily safety, quality, delivery cost issues and report to management in the daily work status meeting.
3. Ensure safety of the employees and quality of the products throughout all processes.
- Able to locate Quality Management System (QMS) procedures, have read and understand relevant procedures and are aware of all procedural changes when they occur,
- Assist with root cause analysis teams to ensure that safety and quality problems properly evaluated and corrected.
- Compliant with all safety procedures to ensure proper protective equipment usage to ensure personnel safety.
4. Continuously improve procedures, processes and methods to ensure quality with zero defects and excursions.
- Identify areas for improvement in process and product relating to safety, quality, delivery and cost and elevates them to the Assembly & Test Manager.
- Assist on continuous improvement teams to help drive department improvements.
- Ensure 5S is maintained within the department to maintain and improve efficiency.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks as assigned to ensure equipment integrity.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Must be willing to work overtime as required (paid time and a half)
- Travel on rare occasions up to 5% of working time.
- Completion of a two-year technical degree from an accredited school in engineering technology, electronics, or similar field
- Or a minimum of two years equivalent experience with electro-mechanical technical assemblies and tests in a manufacturing, engineering, or research and development environment.
- Experience in high/low voltage, electronics, plumbing, PLCs, HVAC, instrumentation, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Facilities and equipment maintenance exposure
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have proficiency in:
- Microsoft Office products and general computer literacy.
- Ability and willingness to abide by set policies and/or safety programs established by our clients, and/or regulatory agencies which govern our performance and behavior in the normal course of our work while on the clients property or job site.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to successfully plan and implement objectives within established timelines and work schedules.
- Ability to analyze problems and develop effective solutions at both strategic and functional levels.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with company values
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direction as a highly motivated self-starter and within a team oriented culture
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is primarily required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, and bend. Required to speak and communicate clearly with others. Will need to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Corrected vision to 20/20 or adequate and ability to identify and distinguish colors.
Mental demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is required to read, write, analyze data and reports, exercise judgment and work under pressure.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is exposed to high level of manufacturing and equipment noise. Duties are performed indoors in a manufacturing environment with temperature changes. Exposure to hazardous materials, fumes, dust, odors or airborne particles and moving mechanical parts with vibration. Work Authorization/Security Clearance Must be able to work in the U.S without sponsorship.