Our client is hiring a Technical Team Lead, who will be instrumental as a core founding member of a new backend (Python-focused) team in Austin, Texas. This role is still very hands-on with development, however, they will also be responsible for building out the team and influencing product direction. Prior experience driving the technical roadmap and definition will be necessary.
- Participate in this company’s API-first strategy, building out the fundamentals for our platform
- Identify and incorporate libraries and technologies that will ease and accelerate development
- Explore and build out new products such as:
- a generic rules engine that allows customers to programmatically create customized workflows
- a flexible reporting system that safely allows users to execute arbitrary queries on authorized data
- a permissioning system to give users flexible roles and data access
- Produce great, performant code while minimizing debt
- As the founding member of a new Engineering team, you will be responsible for shaping the culture and the team by playing an active role with HR to identify talent.
- Directly support your team by providing mentoring. The following responsibilities will also be included:
- Identify gaps in knowledge, tools, and processes and address them
- Incorporate best practices and build tooling to help enforce them
- Have ownership within our platform
- Ensure software quality through code reviews and knowledge sharing
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 7+ years of delivering customer-facing web products using Python/Django with production experience
- Experience building and supporting enterprise SaaS systems
- Strong product background w/ Python as your primary language
- Agile process experience, ability to work in small teams; startup experience
- Prior experience managing others is highly preferred.
- Must enjoy mentoring and leading other engineers