Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Technical Services, the Technical Project Manager is responsible for planning, coordination, implementation and oversight of technical service initiatives. This person performs and manages a broad range of duties on projects that consist primarily of enterprise-grade internet and video service deployments and changes; sourcing and applying third-party technical resources; telecommunications design and construction; and other IT implementations. This position is involved with all phases of technical service projects and will be responsible for design oversight, sourcing and applying technical expertise, escalations, and internal and third-party coordination on multiple projects at any given time. This role has a particular emphasis on coordinating with third-party service providers to resolve resident-facing service issues, such as bulk data and video service issues at properties. This person is responsible for evaluating and identifying risks/cost analysis and making recommendations to constructions and operations to ensure project success. This role requires significant cross department collaboration, technical knowledge, and strong project management skills.
- Manage/oversee third-party technical service solutions, including telecommunications service design and implementation, small office IT integrations, low–voltage infrastructure design, and other projects with the technical emphasis
- Work with third-party service providers to resolve resident-facing issues with technical services
- Manage relationships with third-parties, including design consultants, service providers, and integrators
- Provide periodic and timely updates on technical service project status to key stakeholders
- Work closely with IT Operations and Technical Support to ensure technical standards are current, efficient, and provide adequate flexibility while meeting current business needs
- Working closely with Construction, IT and other internal stakeholders, assist with defining and maintaining technical infrastructure standards and oversee their implementation
- Work closely with Construction and third-party design consultants to ensure technical solutions will support intended purpose(s), meet business needs, and are designed and implemented efficiently
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and scalability of technical solutions and design process
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of project management experience.
- Technical experience in technical service project management and/or telecom design/deployment experience is a plus.
- RCDD certification is a plus.
- Undergraduate college degree.
- Some travel to sites required.
- Microsoft Office tools, including Outlook, Word, and Excel, as well as the ability to learn new software.
- Advanced knowledge of core Office applications is preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Experience with/knowledge of network technologies including Ethernet network active elements/wiring infrastructure, wireless internet access standards and equipment, video signal distribution, VoIP, VLANs, and VPN is a plus.
- Must possess excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, and coworkers.
- Provide project stakeholders with frequent, meaningful project updates without being prompted.
- Should be comfortable speaking to audiences ranging from job site trailers to the boardroom.
- Ability to communicate effectively, foster teamwork, lead, make decisions, organize, plan and solve problems.