Our client is hiring a Technical Lead to provide technical oversight and leadership for the team building a next-generation platform. The engineering teams are focused on delivering high performance, highly scalable and secure services. If you are passionate about the challenge of creating APIs that other developers love to use, this is the role for you!
This is a full-time position with our client (great benefits, competitive compensation, a fantastic culture, and low attrition).
- Design and implement platform features in a Java and Scala stack
- Develop client- and server-side infrastructure for platform access from web and server integrations
- Work to improve processes and technologies
- Iterate new and existing features to improve security, performance, and usability
- Manage and deploy platform services in AWS
- Coordinate design and implementation of features both within and across teams
- Hold team accountable for proper design and quality
- Results focused mentality
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Prior experience leading or managing a team of engineers
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3+ years professional backend development experience with Java and/or Scala
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL, or Oracle DB environments OR ORM Frameworks
- Familiar with distributed programming techniques
- Familiar with Linux
- Experience delivering and debugging solutions in a cloud environment preferably AWS
- Experience working with microservice architectures
- Experience with a messaging system such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Exposure to Drop Wizard, Mulesoft, etc.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with cross-domain API access and big data processing frameworks
- Experience with security-related development practices
- Experience working with application containers