Our client needs a talented Full-Stack Software Engineer to develop applications to help their users understand and control their microservices. They offer a collaborative, fast-paced early stage environment with a high performing team focused on bringing a new product to a nascent market. A Full-Stack Software Engineer will use their programming skills to automate and innovate in all areas of the Service Mesh product and platform we provide to our users. This starts with collecting data in the user’s environment, through securely storing and analyzing that data in the cloud, and finally surfacing the most important information to our users.
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will code in the best language and environment for the problem-at-hand to develop software that solves problems and reduces complexity for our users. You will work on all parts of the system, leveraging your existing strengths while developing experience in new languages and frameworks. You will work with Data Scientists, UX Designers, and Infrastructure Geeks to help our users get the insights and control they need.
● Work with architects to design resilient and scalable suites of microservices.
● Design and develop APIs and microservices for transporting, storing and processing large amounts of data related to the communication of other microservices, as well as for authoring and enforcing high-level policies for microservices.
● Develop, test and clearly document HTTP and gRPC APIs between microservices.
● Maintain quality throughout software development through peer code review, unit and functional testing.
● Develop packaged and SaaS software, depending on market requirements.
Required Skills & Qualifications
● Enthusiasm for early-stage product development and comfort with short agile development cycles. This includes a willingness to do what it takes to be successful that may require activities outside of pure coding (such as testing, documentation, talking to customers to provide support, etc.)
● Ability to learn and adapt well to new frameworks, languages, and challenges.
● Value for high code quality, and very comfortable giving and receiving feedback from code reviews.
● BA/BS from an accredited college or university
● Experience with a version control system like git.
● Experience developing APIs, microservices, and/or server-side or distributed systems (containerized systems like Docker or Kubernetes a plus).