Our client is an exciting, fast-paced global leader in social marketing for small businesses, headquartered in Austin, TX. Their business model leverages resellers, brokers, and corporate networks to achieve large scale in our efforts to maximize small business impact.
Their amazing growth is being driven by the development of an easy to use, data driven advertising platform that supports high quality social media campaigns in a unique way. Whatever technologies aid in that effort are investigated and implemented, so they have a highly dynamic technology ecosystem.
This is a great opportunity to join a startup company with demonstrated exponential growth, at an early stage with a small team in which great people advance quickly.
Your primary role will be continuing to build out the platform, whose goal is to deliver world class social marketing solutions for small businesses while enabling larger resellers and brokers to help manage those businesses. You will be able to develop your skills on a platform that uses a number of modern technologies: deployed in the Azure cloud we are using C#, Web API, OWIN, Nancy, SignalR, SQL Server, Cloud Storage, Hive/Hadoop, Knockout.js (migrating soon to React), Node.js and AngularJS.
This role is a full-stack role, but for a front-end-focused candidate, this role would bring a great opportunity to influence the user experience of our software. You will also get familiar with the backend, pulling in terabytes of social/ads data and getting familiar with Hive/Hadoop and HDInsights.
Required Skills & Qualifications
With at least 5 years of experience, you keep your ear to the ground for the latest open source technologies, whether they are C# based or not, and think about how they can make you and your team’s day to day work better.
You've worked on product development for at least part of your career, and prefer to build new and innovative systems in a collaborative environment. You have a passion for technology, get satisfaction from solving real business problems, can communicate effectively and enjoy being part of a team. Experience or openness to pair programming for collaboration is a plus.
- Extensive experience with modern front-end technologies, such as Knockout.js, React, and AngularJS
- Experience writing unit tests, integration tests, and functional tests for API and UI
- NUnit, Jasmine, Karma or equivalent experience
- Proficient analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Collaborates well in a team environment and sensitive to the needs of business stakeholders.
- Social-media API integration with Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter
- Azure or AWS
- Cluster Analytics
- Hive, Hadoop, or equivalent
- Knowledge of C#, ASP.Net (MVC or Web API) and SQL Server