Our client is looking for advanced level experience in data modeling to apply to their Insights Platform and Data Science Solutions. The perfect fit will enjoy working with clients, mentoring junior data scientists as well as coding for turnkey analysis. You’ll be energized by the multitude of opportunities that clients and peers share. You’ll jump in to prototype ideas and showcase the value of predictive analytics. In other words, you will make a big impact!
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify ways that we might answer client questions with data.
- Recommend and test proposed solutions
- Perform the analysis and/or modeling for proposed solutions
- Measure effectiveness of proposed solutions
- Determine a path for client specific analysis to be applied across a broader client base.
- Work with the Data Intake team to maximize value and efficiency of available data
- Explain the impact and value of modeling to all interested stakeholders
- Mentor/coach junior data scientists
Required Skills & Qualifications
- An advanced degree in Data Science, Analytics or a related discipline is preferred
- 7+ years of modeling experience – extra points for modeling behavioral data, particularly using time series analysis
- Passion for talking about the applications of data! You can easily explain a ROC curve, a lift chart, and recommend testing strategies for marketing campaigns.
- Proficiency with query language such as SQL, Hive or Pig and analysis languages like R or Python
- Solid scripting skills.
- Exposure to Amazon’s Glue, Athena, and SageMaker services will help with your ramp up time
- Ability to design and code reports that showcase modeling’s value
- Instinctive thought process to determine if modeling outputs are correct
- Experience in standardizing data from varied and multiple data sources for input into modeling algorithms
- Interest in assessing model accuracy and projected performance
- Strong critical thinking skills for effective troubleshooting
- Ability to prioritize work based on stakeholder input; can effectively manage a backlog
- Adept at switching between multiple client projects; maintaining detailed notes about project work
- A drive to help others – it feeds your soul