Our client is hiring a Software Architect familiar with microservices, cloud architectures, and data pipelines that handle millions of events at scale, in real-time.
In this role, you will help build highly scalable, distributed and streaming systems using the best-for-the-job technologies. Applicants must be qualified and interested in designing and optimizing large data stores (multi-terabyte), data ingestion and mapping, modeling, Machine Learning pipelines, and algorithms. We are hiring senior engineers proficient in building data pipelines with experience in Kafka, Scala, and cloud platforms (AWS preferred).
This position will be highly collaborative and requires comfortability in an ever-changing environment.
This is a direct-hire position, and U.S. Citizenship is required for this client.
- Architect highly scalable, distributed and streaming systems
- Design & optimize large (multi-terabyte) data stores
- Showcase strong skills in Kafka and Scala (or Java, but Scala is preferred)
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms (AWS preferred)
- Collaborate with various internal departments and work directly with a diverse internal and external team of engineers
- Provide mentorship to peers
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Prior experience in a start-up environment or small engineering team
- 7+ years of experience (or equivalent) in software development roles
- Multiple years of experience with high-capacity and scalable cloud-based distributed and streaming data pipelines (based on technologies such as Kafka, Kafka Streams, Beam, etc.). Associated tasks should include:
- Production experience with concurrency, typed schemas, data ingest and mapping (ETL)
- 4+ years of producing production-level code in Python, Java, Scala, or Go
- Solid background in SQL/NoSQL databases
- Hands-on experience with deploying full applications and/or data processing pipelines in at least 2 cloud-hosted environments (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience with data ingestion and mapping and standardized schema management
- Structured, unstructured, Avro, JSON, etc.
- Experience implementing, optimizing, and tuning machine learning algorithms
- Using associated technology such as KSQL, Spark, TensorFlow
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced product-focused development environment
- Proven ability and desire to lead and mentor others
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Degrees (or equivalent experience) in the following disciplines: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Machine Learning,
- Experience working with government clients is a plus
- Deploying streaming data pipelines to mobile and edge computing environments
- Examples include Android, edge GPUs / TPUs, etc