Our client is seeking a talented individual to join a growing team in downtown Austin as a Digital & Social Media Specialist (remote work welcomed). The individual will be an integral part of the organization, reporting directly to the Director of Technology. The Social Media & Email Marketing Specialist will be responsible for overseeing all social media efforts. The mission of the Specialist is to lead and grow all of their clients' social media brands across all social media platforms and to assist the Director of Technology with additional digital marketing efforts. In addition, assist the Director of Technology with support for various brand consumer engagement initiatives, executing Social Media strategy and promotions while monitoring trends to optimize performance and apply best practices. The ideal candidate is a mix of community social expert, experienced email marketer, and has fluency in social ad campaign strategies. If you are motivated, innovative, and passionate about marketing and adaptive to an entrepreneurial environment, this might be the role for you.
- Drive the business’ social media accounts across multiple platforms to the next level. Increase ROI for all brands.
- Strong familiarity with key social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.
- Strong familiarity with MailChimp and other email marketing platforms.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills; ability to think critically about content in context of brand messaging, goals, and voice.
- Execute strategic social campaign planning for individual marketing campaigns and projects.
- Develop an organic and paid social media content strategy, coordinating with Director of Technology to develop paid social advertising plans and editorial calendars.
- Write social media and email marketing content, generate and/or collaborate with the creative team to gather creative assets, and manage related processes.
- Assists with the development of creative and effective digital marketing collateral, including but not limited to images, social content, email templates, and web articles
- Daily use of social media channels for reporting, analytics, and trend tools.
- Moderate and respond to all social media engagement (replies, comments, messages) with an excellent customer service attitude
- Test, optimize, and report social and email campaign results on an ongoing basis across multiple social media and digital marketing channels and present to internal stakeholders.
- Proactively identify campaign issues and formulate actionable solutions based off findings
- Monitor social media trends, best practices and techniques to ensure correct account spend/growth, identify new opportunities and optimize user experience through analytics and A/B testing.
- Understand the company’s business objectives to effectively translate them into social media campaign goals and strategies
- Ability to manage multiple personalities and communication styles, empathize with team members, and successfully navigate interpersonal communication to create and maintain a positive team environment.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and character.
- Strategic thinker with a keen vision of maximizing the value of websites and products.
- 3 years of experience in digital marketing; including experience with the management of social media accounts.
- Excellent at prioritization and time management skills.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Direct experience professionally with the following channels: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest.
- Familiarity with SEO strategies to increase qualified traffic with content creation.
- Experience developing, executing, and optimizing successful B2B social and email campaigns.
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
- Strong demonstrated experience with paid social media. Examples of previous work is highly encouraged.
- Self-starter who can execute with minimal direction.
- Someone who is motivated by results and passionate of taking a business to the next level – not just a cog in a large organization.