We're looking for a Sr. level Engineer for our team. Your superpower is you experience and passion for building a fluid – and automated – deployment pipeline. Your gift of identifying the most efficient path forward while being mindful of future capacity as we grow is what we’re after. You’ll be working on building our Infrastructure as Code frameworks in order to support CI/CD by leveraging the most promising new tech and applying time tested technologies for world class delivery. We are leveraging some of the latest and greatest tools to support our ever growing micro-services deployment. k8s, Docker, Istio all in AWS.
- Help to evolve our CI test harnesses, help the team keep the test runs fast, reliable and green – CloudFormation, CodeBuild, Circle CI, Istio, kubernetes, kafka, elastic search, RDS, Aurora DB, TravisCI and other useful tools are in your tool belt.
- Participate in the creation of automated SW builds and deployments across multiple environments within the AWS infrastructure
- Contribute to the development of best practices for Infrastructure as Code, software build tools, and Continuous Integration
- Maintaining our open source software infrastructure components, including application and database servers
- Configuration Management and automated monitoring of all infrastructure
- Be mindful of security and access control within all environments
- Watch for trouble spots and create mitigation strategies
- Brainstorm with your team to continually support scalable architecture
Required Skills & Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- 6+ years of experience working in a modern engineering services team where you’ve built and extended an automated CI/CD pipeline
- A passion for automation – why spend time on mundane tasks that a machine can handle?
- Experience supporting a big data environment, so ideally you'd have experience with Elasticsearch, Kafka, Elastic Map Reduce/Hadoop gets you extra points
- A respectable level of exposure to Amazon Cloud Services – EC2, S3, RDS, ECS, VPC, SNS, SQS, Route53, ECS
- Sound experience with a subset of the modern tools like Git, Github, Jenkins, Ansible/Puppet, Linux, Docker, Redis, Memcache, CloudFormation/Terraform, Nginx, PostgreSQL
- Comfortable with monitoring tools such as Sumologic, Wavefront, Monit & Cloudwatch
- Creative, articulate and competent communication – able to deliver your message clearly, concisely, confidently
- A one-team attitude and a willingness to work closely with engineers to keep us running as smooth as silk
- Your drive to help others is what feeds your soul!