Our client is an established, yet growing software company, and seeking a Sr. UX Designer to join the UX Team in Austin, Texas. In this role, the Sr. UX Designer will be responsible for working closely with the product, UX, research and engineering teams to produce great results for our clients. Working across multiple projects, you will be part of the team involved in the entire design process helping to gather product requirements, conduct research, that inform great user experiences. You are expected to drive the UX workshops, present the design solutions and follow up with stakeholders till the design gets implemented and validate after that. You are constantly thinking about the entire ecosystem and how a change to one user’s experience could affect another. You can think in both low and high fidelity, you understand the impact of design on UX, you love getting dirty and tearing apart products, and you understand that you are the user’s voice in every conversation.
A successful Sr. UX Designer must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects, as well as contribute to the larger Product Design team by working closely with Designers, Product Managers, UX Directors, Development teams, and other stakeholders within the company. You are expected to evangelize design thinking process across teams.
- This is a 6-month Contract-to-Hire role (benefits available)
- This role does require travel depending on client demand, up to 60% Travel
- Work in cross-functional teams, including product owners and UX design leads from Product Marketing and Engineering, to refine requirements and iterate on design alternatives
- Collaborating with product management on ideas that will help reach business goals
- Build wireframes, prototypes, screens, etc. that support the design and build of live customer implementations
- Leading design reviews
- Collaborating with UX researchers to ensure the users voice is incorporated into the design process
- Build high-fidelity prototypes and wire frames to support product development activities
- Present user experience interface concepts and design approaches clearly and convincingly
- Contribute and maintain UX design guidelines
- Work with UI developers to implement designs and validate features as they are built to ensure they adhere to original design and UX principals
- Continually improve UX design through targeted design and analysis of experiments, such as A-B testing and other user feedback forums
- Demonstrated strength in creating an intuitive user experience for multi-persona applications.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 4+ Years professional experience working as a UI/UX Designer in the digital design field, successfully delivering web, mobile and/or software apps.
- Strong understanding of user experience, usability and accessibility principles.
- Deep knowledge of user-centered design principles & design as communication, not just fine art.
- Experience with UX Research methodologies.
- Ability to build high fidelity interactive wireframes. Expert proficiency in tools like Axure, Principle, Sketch and Photoshop.
- Thorough understanding of composition, color, layout & typography.
- Ability to articulate thoughts accurately, backed by in-depth research and defend position to various groups including senior leaders, clients, etc.
- In tune with the latest visual and interactive design trends and thinking.
- Understanding opportunities and constraints of multiple platforms (web, mobile, tablets and wearables).
- Team player, comfortable with rapid iteration process and working within a small fast paced team, adaptable and able to multi-task.