Our client is hiring a talented Senior Software Engineer for a new project to bring exciting features in our service mesh product to the world’s largest service providers. We offer a collaborative, fast-paced early stage environment with a high performing team focused on bringing a new product to a nascent market. Telecom and managed service providers use Aspen Mesh to provide a consistent observability, policy and security layer for applications in some of the largest application architectures in the world. Our service provider features scale and secure Cloud-native/Container Network Functions (CNFs) and multi-access edge applications.
As a Software Engineer, you will code in the best language and environment for the problem-at-hand to develop software that solves problems and reduces complexity for our users. You will work on all parts of the system, leveraging your existing strengths while developing experience in new languages and frameworks. You will work with Data Scientists, UX Designers, and Infrastructure Geeks to help our users get the insights and control they need.
- Work with architects to design resilient and scalable products to secure and scale networks built around the 5G Service Based Architecture.
- Design and develop APIs and microservices for transporting, storing and processing large amounts of data related to the communication of Cloud-native Network Functions (CNFs), as well as for authoring and enforcing high-level policies for CNFs.
- Develop, test and clearly document HTTP and gRPC APIs between microservices.
- Maintain quality throughout software development through peer code review, unit and functional testing.
- Develop a product that is a combination of proprietary and open-source software (built on Istio, Envoy and Kubernetes).
- Develop packaged and SaaS software, depending on market requirements.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Enthusiasm for early-stage product development and comfort with short agile development cycles. This includes a willingness to do what it takes to be successful that may require activities outside of pure coding (such as testing, documentation, talking to customers to provide support, etc.)
- Ability to learn and adapt well to new frameworks, languages, and challenges.
- Value for high code quality, and very comfortable giving and receiving feedback from code reviews.
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university
- Service Provider/Wireless Telecom domain expertise, such as experience with or deep knowledge of 3GPP standards and 5G service based architecture; experience with network function virtualization and desire to work on cloud native network functions
- Experience developing APIs, microservices, and/or server-side or distributed systems (containerized systems like Docker or Kubernetes a plus).