Our client is a growing start up and looking for 2 Senior Backend Engineers to join their growing development team. In this role, you will be a versatile member of the back-end team, researching and implementing technical solutions to business problems using modern best practices and technologies as well as building backend infrastructure and RESTful API’s.
- Research and implement new technology to support new and existing business processes
- Design and implement major portions of software using appropriate tools and technologies
- Produce clean and efficient code
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Test and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing software
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent grasp of Object Oriented Programming concepts
- 4-5+ years’ experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Advanced understanding of SQL
- Knowledgeable about security
- Comfortable with standard devops tasks and Linux
- Advanced understanding of RESTful web services, API integrations, and HTTP protocol
- Familiarity with Agile sprint cycle environment and associated best practices
- Can work independently and solve tough problems with little guidance.
- Well spoken and communicative, able to work well in a small team environment, but to also work successfully with large enterprise customers.
- Startup experience a big plus