Our client is an advanced analytics company that leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning to analyze data from various sources. They are looking to hire a Senior Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer that has analytics experience to join their office in LA.
This is a direct hire position, and U.S. Citizenship is required for this client.
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will work with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality products on a rapid development schedule. You will lead all phases of software development targeting embedded systems, including design, coding, integration, and debugging of major portions of software projects. Excellent candidates will be collaborative, continually improving and work well in a rapidly growing, vibrant workplace. Your role will be to collaborate with your team to provide complex solutions and mentor junior associates.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 6+ years of professional experience in C++ software development
- 2+ years of experience in CUDA software development
- 2+ years of experience with TensorFlow
- 1+ year of experience with TensorRT and any of NVIDIA Jetson TK1/TX1/TX2/Xavier
- Experience managing 100+ deployed edge devices remotely a huge plus
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced product-focused development environment
- Experience supporting machine learning or analytics teams is preferred
- Ability to implement automated system and integration level tests
- Strong software design skills
- 2+ years of professional experience rapidly designing and delivering highly reliable products
- 2+ years of experience with testing/troubleshooting/qualification techniques
- 2+ years of product experience designing from concept through production; strong emphasis on full life cycle development of new products and not small incremental updates to legacy hardware
- 2+ years of professional experience testing, troubleshooting and debugging electronics
- 2+ years of professional experience performing initial bringup of pre-production and R&D embedded hardware systems
- 3+ years of professional experience using Linux in a pre-production and production environment. Should be familiar with the Linux Device Tree. Linux Kernel device driver authoring experience a plus.
- 1+ years of professional experience in Python 3.
- Developing and documenting an analytic within a Jupyter notebook
- Familiar with DeepStream pipelines
- Xilinx or Altera FPGA experience a plus, Xilinx & VHDL preferred
- Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent experience in statistics, machine learning, image processing or fields with heavy focus on these disciplines
- Excellent critical thinking capabilities
- Enthusiasm for pursuing new challenges and technologies
- Superb communication and documentation skills. You’ll need to be able to explain yourself and your methods within the company