Our client is hiring a Senior DevOps Engineer to help build their next-generation platform. This role will work alongside the development teams to ensure the proper tools are in place to build, test, and deploy code easily. The DevOps Engineer will maintain and manage configuration management environments, tools, and processes.
This is a full-time role with our client.
- Automate deployments, monitoring, management, and incident response
- Monitor performance and site stability and troubleshoot site issues
- Scale infrastructure to meet increasing demand
- Collaborate with engineers to bring new features and services into production
- Maximize and grow operational practices and procedures
- Provide on-call, emergency or implementation support outside of normal scheduled hours as needed
- Design, provision, and manage cloud infrastructure in AWS for Rails applications, Node.js APIs and backend services, and data infrastructure
- Propose best practices for continuous integration and deployment, performance and health monitoring, and alerting.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer
- 3+ years experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, etc
- Strong knowledge of how a Kubernetes Platform operates (service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing)
- Proficiency is one of the following: Ruby on Rails, Java, Python, Go, and/or Scala
- An understanding and passion for developing highly secure and highly available systems
- A Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Configuration management and automation experience
- Experience designing and managing AWS cloud infrastructures
- Willingness to explore new technologies
- Advanced knowledge of at least one configuration management tool (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc) and command execution framework.
- Experience dealing with highly secured, sensitive data, PCI compliance, encryption, and/or provisioning secrets