Our client is hiring a Senior Data Scientist to join a new and growing team focused on building distributed systems that are highly scalable using big data technologies. This role is responsible for optimizing and developing machine learning and computer vision models for analytics applications.
This is a full time role with our client.
- Develop and optimize machine learning and computer vision models for analytics applications
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Hands-on experience developing scalable machine learning and computer vision models for sensor data
- Linux and cloud computing resources
- Hands-on experience converting research quality prototypes into deployable software products
- Expert level programming skills in Python
- Demonstrated ability to create, invent, and be innovative
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced product-focused development environment
- Familiarity with Matplotlib and aware of best practices for creating useful visualizations
- Enthusiasm for pursuing new challenges and technologies
- Advanced Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, physics, economics, applied mathematics or equivalent experience in statistics, machine learning, or image processing
- 2-5 years of experience as a data scientist
- Strong foundation in supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms
- Experience with Tensorflow, Keras, MXNet, Torch, or other deep learning frameworks
- Hands-on programming skills in GIS, Mapping, or Tile Server-based applications
- Curiosity for geospatial data and/or remote sensing
- Excellent critical thinking capabilities
- Superb communication skills.