Our client is a mission-minded SaaS company headquartered in Austin that is building a new product to improve the way they deliver their solution to clients. This role focuses on the design, development, and deployment of our client's SaaS Platforms’ Enterprise Datawarehouse & underlying Data Transformations. Applying a strong technical and data lifecycle understanding, this Engineer will partner with other Developers, Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and the DevOps Teams to create Data Science Platforms.
- Designing and developing schemas, attributes, facts, advanced report design, data aggregation, and advanced report services development.
- Using tools including Web Intelligence, Report Services, Pentaho Spoon, and Report Services.
- Providing well-documented, efficient and effective solutions to meet business needs.
- Institutionalizing a Data Management Culture to support the company’s scale initiatives.
- Mapping data elements and attributes into the Enterprise Data Model.
- Developing solutions with team members to implement defined and documented data requirements.
- Learning new technologies and sharing your knowledge with the team.
- Advocating for new features, new technologies and processes.
- Prototyping ideas for discussion/demonstration.
- Providing guidance on data security compliance initiatives.
- Participating in code reviews.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, MySql, and/or PostgreSQL.
- 5+ years’ experience in reporting/analytic role with a focus on data transformation, ETL, and design.
- Advanced SQL Development Skills.
- Knowledge of dimensional database design.
- Experience with Pentaho Spoon, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), or other Enterprise Data Transformation Tools
- Working Knowledge of Python and other automation technology frameworks is a plus.
- Working Knowledge of Java is a bonus.
- Experience with SAP Business Objects is a plus.
- Experience with Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect or other Data Modeling Tools is desired.
- Experience with Big Data Technologies including Amazon MapReduce, Hadoop, Cassandra, SAP Hana, Microsoft HDInsight, Amazon RedShift, Amazon Glue, and similar technology stacks.