Our client is searching for Senior Engineers that are familiar with microservices, cloud architectures, and data pipelines that handle millions of events at scale, in real-time.
In this role, you will help build highly scalable, concurrent and streaming systems using the best-for-the-job technologies. Applicants must be qualified and interested in designing and optimizing large data stores (multi-terabyte), data ingestion and schema mapping, modeling, Machine Learning pipelines and algorithms. This role will support platform and product development as opposed to supporting Data Science teams, Business Intelligence, or Customer integrations.
Applicants must have professional experience using Python or Scala, and U.S. Citizenship is required for this full-time position.
- Architect highly scalable, distributed and streaming systems
- Design & optimize large (multi-terabyte) data stores
- Showcase strong skills in data-related technologies such as Python, Scala, Kafka, Kafka Streams, Beam, Akka
- Hands-on experience with cloud-hosted environments (AWS preferred)
- Collaborate with various internal departments and work directly with a diverse internal and external team of engineers
- Provide mentorship to peers
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience (or equivalent) in software development roles
- 3+ years of experience with the full lifecycle of scalable, cloud-based distributed & streaming data pipelines
- i.e. Designing, implementing, deploying, troubleshooting and managing
- Hands-on experience with the following:
- Data-related technologies such as Kafka, Kafka Streams, Apache Beam, Akka, etc.
- Data ingestion, mapping, and standardized schema management (structured, unstructured, Avro, JSON, etc.)
- Programming skills in Scala or Java (Scala preferred)
- Significant experience deploying in cloud-hosted environments (AWS preferred)
- Database experience – Solid background in SQL/NoSQL databases
- Implementing, optimizing & tuning Machine Learning algorithms allowing for experience w/ technologies such as Spark, TensorFlow, KSQL, etc.
- Some experience deploying streaming data pipelines to mobile and edge computing environments is highly preferred
- Familiarity with Microservices
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced product-focused development environment
- Enthusiasm for pursuing new challenges and technologies
- Excellent critical thinking capabilities
- Superb communication
- U.S. Citizenship and authorized to work in the U.S. is required
- Ability to pass a government security investigation and meet requirements to gain access to classified information
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience in Statistics, Machine Learning or other related fields
- Experience working in a startup environment or smaller engineering teams
- Experience working with Government clients