Our client is seeking a Data Analyst to help build and maintain their data ecosystem and support the fast-growing business with the implementation of a multiple new operational, data warehouse and business intelligence systems. We are seeking someone that is highly organized, detail-oriented, an amazing communicator, and great at working with cross-functional teams on multiple projects.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a very strong SQL background and deep analytical skills. The ability to do ad-hoc SQL to research data questions, identify root causes, and interact closely with peers and the business data analysts is essential.
- Analyze existing data sources and produce business insights
- Make business and pricing recommendations based on data analysis
- Pull in data from multiple sources “ETL” and mine the data, looking for patterns and modeling to make the business more profitable
- Collaborate across multiple teams
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Strong SQL skills with solid ETL experience
- Performs data analysis and data mining to identify patterns, trends, and anomalies in data and their root cause
- Understands statistical and predictive modeling concepts
- Proficient with Excel/Google Sheets and data exploration/visualization tools, open source and commercial (Tableau, Google Data Studio, Domo, etc)
- Proficient with MS SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with relational databases
- Knowledge of data integration and familiarity with common data integration challenges like converting data types, handling errors, and translating between different technology stack
Nice to have skills or desire to learn:
- Knowledge of machine learning concepts and software (TensorFlow or similar)
- Knowledge of R, Python