Our client is hiring a Technical Support Engineer. The main focus of this role will be to provide implementation of new customer features in Node, TypeScript, and React that cover the full functionality of the feature from the backend to the frontend of our customer facing applications. In addition to this, the Technical Support Engineers have some exposure to pre-release product testing, customer support, test automation, product bug fixes, and technical debt improvements.
- Research, diagnose, and identify solutions to resolve customer issues.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem.
- Take ownership of technical issues, and work with the engineering team to resolve more advanced issues when necessary.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Refer to internal docs to provide accurate solutions. Create a backlog of needed documentation for repeated support inquiries.
- Conduct video support when needed.
- Follow up with clients to ensure their issue has been resolved.
- Look for support issue patterns to contribute to the product roadmap.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Background and/or passion for software development.
- Client-facing experience.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Self-motivated learner who enjoys actively seeking answers to questions.
- Interested in and enjoy exploring new technologies.
- Have a constant curiosity to grow your skills beyond the workplace.
- Love boiling complicated problems down to simple solutions.
- Systems administration experience (security, networking, etc.)
- Comfortable or eager to learn agile development
- Strong fundamentals or interest in computer science
- Bonus: Passion for APIs