Our client is on a mission to improve the lives of others through healthy eating. They have a strong brand at the local level and are on the brink of obtaining a national presence. They are looking for a Senior Back-End Engineer, and have a strong preference for someone that has significant experience with Python and SQL.
- Build and maintain its consumer-facing digital products, which are responsible for a significant portion of revenue and continue to drive the company’s growth.
- Primary technologies include Python, PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy, Flask, Django, CircleCI, Docker/AWS, Redis, Slack
- Deploy high-quality code to production several times per week
- Write unit tests to maintain the quality of key components
- Work to improve processes and technologies
- Lead and mentor other developers on the team. Take ownership in making the people around you better
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, QA, and DevOps
- Interface with end-users, collect feedback, iterate often in order to improve the usability of the products developed
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of proven back-end experience with Python, Java, and/or C# (Python expertise highly preferred)
- Comfortability working with Python, PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy, Flask, Django, CircleCI, Docker/AWS. Redis, and Slack
- Design, implement, test and maintain new and existing features
- Experience mentoring developers of varying experience levels
- Comfortable in a highly visible position, building solutions from the ground up
- Work well in a collaborative, ever-changing Agile environment.
- Have a strong passion for writing high-quality software and love for creative problem-solving