Our client is hiring a Security Architect to help lead and navigate through exciting transformation efforts while they continue to remain the top market leader while investing in their future success of the organization. This candidate will work on a multitude of complex initiatives and offer support and guidance to achieve strategic goals.
- Partner with multiple departments to develop and maintain security roadmaps for cloud, managed solutions, and on-premise capabilities.
- Provide and articulate architectural expertise to the organization across business and technology domains.
- Create the strategic vision for the organization using cloud, managed solutions, and traditional capabilities.
- Provide guidance and analyze architectural strategy against desired business outcomes and value while identifying opportunities for improvement and reuse.
- Work cross functionally on architectural efforts of the highest significance that involve technical, business, and organizational complexity.
- Be accountable for the quality and success of security architecture and design, balancing alignment with the strategic direction of the organization to the tactical goals of delivery.
- Research, evaluate, and drive next-generation security technologies and concepts to keep security ahead of the curve.
- Create end-to-end security solutions involving a mix of technical and organizational requirements.
- Provide security leadership, coaching, and training to other employees and the organization as a whole.
- Bring a passion and understanding of where the organization should be headed strategically regarding information security and helping to build the framework to get there.
- Able to evaluate and assess our strategic business needs and identify and propose appropriate options.
- Show comfort being uncomfortable and helping others along that security journey.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- 12+ years of experience in security architecture, risk management, or security and network operations.
- 2+ years of significant experience with cloud computing, in particular architecting enterprise security protections and monitoring on public cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Institute of Standards and Technology Cybersecurity Framework.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and .
- Professional security management certification, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- Experience creating, refining, delivering, and evangelizing a variety of information security topics and standards used throughout the organization that balances business needs and external requirements.
- Experience in migrating and rearchitecting on-premise solutions to cloud-based implementations, understanding the security implications across the various components throughout the stack.
- Experience managing large, complex projects, involving delegation of work and review of work products.
- Experience building effective relationships and collaboratively communicating options that realize value throughout a complex organization across all levels.
- Experience considering and weighing costs, complexities, supportability, and adherence to well-designed principles when defining solutions and road maps.
- Experience reaching broad and wide, frequently outside of preconceived boundaries, to achieve the highest business value and identify potential opportunities for the organization.