Our client is a startup that branched off from an enterprise company to build a new technology innovation center in Austin. The innovation team is a group of thought leaders who are designing, building and implementing new and creative Saas solutions. The Product Owner is a critical team member that executes the product strategy and product roadmap. The roles and responsibilities include providing vision and direction to the Agile development teams and stakeholders throughout the project, plan and prioritize the product feature backlog. The person in this position will work closely across multiple teams including the PMO and engineering.
- Partner with a talented, driven, collaborative engineering team towards delivering the roadmap. Incorporate team feedback while you aim to deliver the best capabilities we can for their customers
- Create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Proactively capture and synthesize customer feedback to help prioritize improvement
- Develop cross-functional teams that help deliver and prove the value they create for their customers
- Make data-driven product decisions while keeping the end user in mind
- Measure and present the impact of your team’s work directly to the leadership team, quantifying the value of your progress
- Be a thought leader for your fellow team members, but to their clients leveraging your outputs
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in software product management within an Agile environment
- B2B experience in a product owner or product management role
- Must have digital product experience
- A passion for understanding customer problems and a track record of creating great customer experiences to solve those problems
- Demonstrated ability to gather and translate user requirements and convert them into a clear product vision and delightful customer experience
- Strong presentation skills used for presenting internally to leadership team members as well as running customer discovery sessions such as product demos
- Previous experience creating customer personas and/or customer mapping journeys
- Excellent time management skills and able to manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to navigate and broker productive conversations with the quality assurance team, development team and other key stakeholders.
- Enjoy adapting to feedback from both users and internal stakeholders, building stronger products as a result
- Strong leadership skills. Make sure everyone is driving towards the product goals together.
- Experience working in a compliance and regulatory driven environment is a plus (Insurance experience is a big plus)