You’ll have a significant influence on technology choices, user experience, architecture, and other important decisions. If the idea of being a valued SME at a leading software company that operates like a startup but is very well-funded and already THE market leader interests you, please apply.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work remotely (preferably out of Austin, TX), flexible schedule, goal-oriented culture, fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat motivated team. Our client is looking for someone with a sense of humor, a lack of ego, and a desire to do great work!
- Manage and contribute to the architecture and implementation of features spanning a full web-based distributed cloud application stack.
- Track the latest developments and direction of web technologies, and provide a point of view for the team.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, create proof of concept projects.
- Assist the business development team with new project estimates and drive conversations with stakeholders as required.
- Translate product strategy business goals into achievable technical strategies and high-level requirements, keeping user experience as a top priority.
- Evaluate 3rd party libraries, systems and integrations for potential solutions.
- Analyze and improve stability, scalability and performance of systems while minimizing infrastructure cost.
- Perform regular architecture, application design and code reviews.
- Provide informal and formal training to developers.
- Present upwards to senior leadership
- May act as project lead, as needed.
- Document designs and best practices.
- Coordinate development and release activities with engineers, scrum masters and product owners to ensure technical work is procperly defined, scoped and estimated.
- Lead by example; demonstrate a passion for software development daily that motivates and inspires other engineers.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Proven ability to lead high performing teams and to promote an incredible engineering culture
- At least 10+ years experience in a production environment
- A BS degree in Computer Science or other related technical fields
- Experience with Node.js applications in production (most of our stack)
- Experience with REST APIs
- Previous experience with CI/CD and end to end unit testing
- Comfortable with agile methodologies (scrum, kanban etc…)