Our client is looking for a Principal Enterprise Architect who will provide expertise and leadership through an exciting data transformation. The Principle Enterprise Architect will be responsible for a variety of complex initiatives and will need to offer guidance and support to achieve strategic goals. This person will need to be an effective communicator and be able to provide expertise to the rest of the organization and key stakeholders.
- Develop, implement, and support architectural oversight for the organization to ensure consistency, increase understanding, and improve quality.
- Administer architectural expertise across all levels within the organization.
- Create and leverage architectural principles, policies, and guardrails.
- Map the strategic vision for the organization using cloud and traditional capabilities, including calculation of total cost of ownership.
- Provide guidance and analyze architectural strategy against desired business outcomes and value while seeking opportunities for improvement and reuse.
- Ability to determine strategic business needs and identify and recommend appropriate options to key stakeholders.
- Work cross functionally on architectural efforts of the highest significance that involve technical, business, and organizational complexity.
- Knowledge of TOGAF framework standards and how to implement them within an agile organization.
- Offer guidance, training, and coaching to other employees as well as the organization as a whole on complex initiatives.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 15+ years of experience in architecture, software or system engineering, or product management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Experience in analysis and resolution of multi-dimensional organization wide problems.
- 2+ years experience with enterprise cloud computing on AWS (GCP and Azure also accepted).
- Experience in enterprise integration platforms and microservice architectures, in particular Mulesoft, AWS Lambda, or Azure Functions.
- Experience in discovering and implementing SaaS and PaaS platforms such as Salesforce and Workday.
- Experience in analyzing and weighing costs, complexities, supportability, and conformity to well-designed principles when defining solutions and road maps.
- Experience leading system and service design and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Experience reaching broad and wide, frequently outside of preconceived boundaries, to achieve the highest business value.
- Experience in managing major, complex projects, involving delegation of work and review of work products.
- Experience with higher level communication styles, exhibiting the ability to interact with junior associates as well as senior executives.
- Experience partnering with business leaders to understand needs and providing options that realize value.
- Experience leading the research of emerging technology and industry trends to identify potential opportunities for the enterprise.