Our client is hiring a NOC Engineer to join their virtual NOC which is responsible for the health and maintenance of their cloud. This role will assist and provide escalation support for the corporate infrastructure.
- Proactively monitor, analyze and review the infrastructure and execute problem avoidance practices in order to maintain a high level of reliability and availability (patching/updating)
- Perform initial problem analysis and triage escalating trouble tickets when appropriate.
- Open and track trouble tickets to resolution, either resolving or escalating to the appropriate level of support
- Responsible for Root Cause Analysis on all customer-affecting outages
- Communicate with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems.
- Create and maintain documentation around procedures and policies
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of previous related experience
- Solid understanding of Microsoft servers
- Self starter and proven ability to work with minimal direction
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong critical analysis skills
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous experience with Solar Winds preferred
- Previous experience with VMware preferred