Our client is a rapidly growing eCommerce company headquartered in Austin, TX. The Network Architect will provide vision and leadership for developing and supporting the network infrastructure, cloud-based services and infrastructure alignment. The Network Architect directs the planning and implementation of the enterprise IT network, cloud service integration, and works with Information Security to ensure security at inception. As the Network Architect, you’ll lead and guide multiple IT disciplines to ensure the appropriate performance, redundancy, and capabilities are in place to support business IT functions across an enterprise landscape.
*Plan, design, implement and optimize the network infrastructure in support of all store, Distribution Center, Home Office, data center, field office and partner connectivity requirements. Will form and follow a standards-based architecture and design philosophy to assure the overall health, security and scalability of the network infrastructure.
* Work with business units to understand their IT requirements and develop networking solutions. Will provide a technical analysis of their requirements in an effort to properly scope projects across the network life cycle including cost estimates.
* Work collaboratively with other SME’s and team members on project solutions. Work in collaboration with operations manager to communicate and resolve both technical and support issues
* Produce engineering and installation plans to support new initiatives, as well as prepare reports and documentation on the existing network configuration as required. Must be able to communicate well and provide technical leadership including the mentoring of junior and senior staff.
* Participate in 24x7x365 on-call operations for network infrastructure. Proactively monitor, measure and report on the health and scalability of the network infrastructure. Will communicate to management as network usage approaches design thresholds and takes action to preempt service degradation.
* Design cost-effective data communications solutions to meet new and evolving requirements
* Plan and execute the installation of new networking components to fulfill business requirements
* Support the design and analysis of LAN/WAN/WLAN network improvements and enhancements
* Provide analysis to support performance tuning and capacity planning
* Provide troubleshooting and problem-solving support for network issues
* Monitor system hardware and software and manage system performance
* Determine capacity and performance planning goals
* Manage projects directly related to the area of assigned responsibility and other general network projects
* Serve as technical consultant on architectures for internal networks
* Provide leadership and technical expertise to other network engineers and IT department team members
Creates plans to achieve departmental objectives
* Oversees multiple projects and processes
Required Skills & Qualifications
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
* 10 years’ experience with Network, telecommunications and Network Security
* 8+ years of detailed knowledge and experience with complex network and security design for large enterprise environments
* Mastery of two of the following vendor solutions, Cisco and Juniper Firewalls; Cisco and F5 Proxies
* 3 Years’ experience in developing network solutions for cloud connectivity to either AZURE or AWS
* Experience developing networks on the concept of least privilege
* Understanding of L2/L3 switching and MPLS (WAN) technologies (8+ years’ experience)
* Direct experience with Meraki firewalls
* Understanding of network requirements in regard to PCI and other regulatory agencies 3
* Project implementation, management and network technology implementation experience required
* Experience with on-premise solutions and multiple cloud platforms (public, private, hybrid)
* Familiar with SOA architectural styles
* Experience with MS O365, Visio, Atlassian Jira, Confluence
* Previous experience working for a large retailer is a plus
* A proven ability to break down larger initiatives into consumable achievable tasks to achieve departmental and company objectives
* Ability to clearly articulate plans and ensure team is aligned
* A solutions-oriented mentality with a data-driven approach
* Other job specific requirements
* A growth mindset: track record of leveraging past learnings, encouraging new ideas and smart risk-taking in self and others
* Strong communication skills with a proven ability to build cross-functional partnerships to make effective decisions collaboratively