Our client is building a technical support team for their Austin office and searching for a Team Lead. The Technical Team Leader will be responsible for helping global customers diagnose and resolve complex issues, serving as the customer’s advocate for timely resolution of issues, as well as problem reproduction and escalation. The ideal candidate has strong management and leadership skills combined with hands-on experience building and running mid-sized technical support teams in a rapidly growing company. You’re comfortable managing high profile customers and collaborating with DevOps, R&D and sales teams. The role requires you to remain calm under pressure and solve problems in real time, using strong diagnostic processes and out-of-the-box thinking.
• Manage and lead a team of Technical Support Engineers; manage day-to-day tasks; design and build operational procedures and tools.
• Promote self-learning organization and motivate the team to enhance their knowledge and skills.
• Provide technical expertise and guidance for the team and customers during the testing and deployment.
• Manage critical customer issues and facilitate communication between customers, Sales, and Engineering.
• Participate in new product development, customer training, and other support-related activities.
• Help customers realize and maximize the value of their Redis Labs subscriptions.
Required Skills & Qualifications
• B.Sc. in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience
• 5+ years in high-level technical support or customer success within a software environment
• 2+ years of experience managing a technical team
• Advanced to expert level knowledge of technologies such as Linux/Unix, TCP/IP, DNS, TLS and Clustering
• Experience with programming skills such as Python, Java, C/C++
• Strong technical background with excellent problem solving and multitasking skills
• Proficiency in communication and presentation, both written and verbal
• High availability and commitment to customers at any time Advantages
• Experience with NoSQL or SQL Server databases
• Prior experience handling with cloud computing such as AWS, Azure, or GCP