Our client is a technology based start up that uses Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality to enhance the experience of professional and recreational athletes. The Lead Software Engineer will be the first engineering hire for the company and responsible for expanding the existing application.
- Lead and own the development efforts for the application, including: accessing current code base, refactoring and/or rebuilding if necessary
- Collaborate with the CEO and expand the existing application
- Work collaboratively and communicate across disciplines
- Willingness to research and explore new technologies and tech stacks
- Hire and grow the engineering team
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Experience as technical decision maker on projects: architecture, code quality, tech stack, test coverage, prototyping, etc.
- Microservices architecture experience
- Experience with Node and React
- Ability to work closely with team members to understand goals and product vision
- Expertise in iOS development with Objective C and Swift
- Familiar with Apple frameworks such as Core Data, ARKit, or ARCore
- Knowledge of DevOps including deploying code
- Previous experience owning or developing an end to end application
- Experience managing or mentoring developers
- Previous experience working in a start-up or with a small team
- Passion for Augmented Reality and/or Virtual Reality is a plus!