The Lead Engineer will work closely with the engineering team to implement, coordinate, and oversee activities related to the development of the product. This individual will apply proven technical skills in building enterprise level, scalable web applications, have excellent communications, problem-solving skills, and a passion for mentoring and training junior developers. The Lead Engineer will join the team with more hands on development responsibilities, then transition into approximately 80% leadership duties as the team scales.
- Stay abreast of current technology and actively participate in development discussions
- Planning to ensure platform continues heading in the right direction.
- Leverage technical knowledge and experience in support of sprint teams.
- Mentor and grow the technical capabilities of the software engineering staff.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- 5+ years of overall .Net development experience building large scale enterprise applications
- Strong technical background in HTML 5, .NET, SQL Server
- SOA platform development environments including:
- Web technologies, SOA Architectures and enterprise level scalable applications.
- Prior experience mentoring and training junior developers
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL Server and optimization techniques
- WCF Data Services, .Net Entity Framework
- Mobile Web Development is preferred
- Understanding of complex distributed applications
- Independent decision maker capable of operating within specified boundaries
- Strong skills from both a development and leadership perspective
- Ability to understand third party integrations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, technical environment