Our client is hiring a Lead Lifecycle Engineer for a new project that will bring exciting features in our service mesh product for the world’s largest service providers. We offer a collaborative, fast-paced early stage environment with a high performing team focused on bringing a new product to a nascent market. Telecom and managed service providers use the product to provide a consistent observability, policy and security layer for applications in some of the largest architectures in the world. Our service provider features scale and secure Cloud-native/Container Network Functions (CNFs) and multi-access edge applications.
As Lead Lifecycle Engineer, your role is to design and build all aspects of the lifecycle of our product from code commit to running in the field. Our customers rely on our product to secure and scale critical components of their infrastructure; this requires us to achieve both rapid innovation and world-class software quality. With support from senior engineering leadership, you will architect and maintain whatever systems and processes are needed for that mission. This includes continuous integration, automated quality/test infrastructure, code coverage, defect analysis, performance measurement, packaging, versioning, and upgrades of container-based software. Because quality is everyone's responsibility, you focus on test infrastructure and integration, and enable engineering teams to write their own tests when possible.
- Work with architects to design a resilient and scalable build and deployment system
- Work with CTO to develop processes that ensure team-wide ownership of software quality
- Develop high-fidelity simulation environments based on customer requirements and 3GPP/ITU or related specifications
- Design and code test automation infrastructure such as common test libraries or custom reporting
- Manage releases involving underlying OSS base upgrades with new feature development
- Publish results of build and testing processes that are the basis for release decision making
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Enthusiasm for early-stage product development and comfort with short agile development cycles. This includes a willingness to do what it takes to be successful that may require activities outside of your realm (such as testing, documentation, talking to customers to provide support, etc.)
- Experience creating fully automated build systems with automated testing and deployment involving microservices, and/or server-side or distributed systems (containerized systems like Docker or Kubernetes a plus).
- Experience with a distributed version control system like Git.
- Ability to learn and adapt well to new frameworks, tools, languages, and challenges.
- Value for high code quality.
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university
- Service Provider/Wireless Telecom domain expertise is a plus, such as experience with or deep knowledge of 3GPP standards and 5G service based architecture
- Experience with network function virtualization and desire to work on cloud native network functions