This Data Engineer opportunity is with our downtown client and a great opportunity to join a fast-growing team with a lot of expansion opportunity. This role reports directly into the VP of Engineering and has full ownership over all data. This role will design and maintain the integrity of complex data structures in a high volume environment. You will need to understand the needs of the business and react to them accordingly by choosing the correct infrastructure and the right data model design.
This role is an integral part of the Development team, helping build products that contribute to the community.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Designing data models to meet the business needs
- Working closely with the DevOps team to build appropriate data structures
- Work with full stack engineers to accommodate business logic requirements in the code
- Setting up data pipelines to move and transform data
- Design reports to support the business
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Design and deploy data pipelines for transforming and moving data
- Designing data models across appropriate data structures like RDBMS, NoSQL, Columnar Storage, Flat File according to the needs of the applications
- Work with streaming data technologies like Kinesis or Kafka
- Analytic Data Processing and knowledge of modern platforms like Snowflake, Panoply, Redshift
- Data Security and Encryption
- Machine learning modeling (nice to have)