Our client is looking for an Integration Platform Architect who will be helping lead the organization through a large data transformation. This person will provide architectural expertise to achieve strategic goals and work on a range of complex initiatives.
- You will provide architectural expertise to the enterprise across business and technology domains.
- Determine the strategic vision for the enterprise using cloud, managed solutions, and traditional capabilities, complete with forecasted total cost of ownership.
- Analyze alignment of architectural strategy against desired integration outcomes and value while identifying opportunities for enhancement and reuse.
- Work collaboratively on architectural efforts of the highest significance that involve technical, business, and organizational complexity.
- Create, support, and influence architectural oversight, using principles, policies, and guardrails in a federated integration development environment.
- Understanding of TOGAF and how to best apply the concepts for an agile organization.
- Be accountable for the quality and success of the integration platform’s architecture and design, balancing alignment with the strategic direction of the enterprise to the tactical goals of delivery.
- Communicate the changing definition that the cloud and microservices brings to concepts such as application design and how we can effectively transition architectures over time.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and training to other employees as well as the organization as a whole as it relates to the cloud and integration design.
- Exhibit the ability to assess our strategic business needs and identify and propose appropriate options.
- Show comfort being uncomfortable and helping others along that journey.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- At least 10 years of experience in architecture, software or integration engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in analysis and resolution of multi-dimensional enterprise-wide problems.
- At least 3 years of significant experience in enterprise integration platforms, serverless concepts, and microservice architectures, as well as managing APIs, in particular effective uses of Mulesoft, AWS Lambda, or Azure Functions.
- At least 3 years of significant experience with cloud computing, in particular architecting enterprise solutions on public cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Significant experience with defining and ensuring adherence to enterprise integration patterns and standards.
- Multi-year experience in application migration and rearchitecture efforts, with clear understanding of the relevant drivers and decision-points the enterprise must consider.
- Experience with identifying and implementing a variety of leading SaaS and PaaS platforms such as Salesforce and Workday.
- Understanding of serverless and container technologies, when and where to use them, and pros and cons of the leading providers and their ecosystems.
- Experience building effective relationships and collaboratively communicating throughout a complex organization.
- Experience considering and weighing costs, complexities, supportability, and adherence to well-designed principles when defining solutions and road maps.
- Experience leading integration design and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Experience reaching broad and wide, frequently outside of preconceived boundaries, to achieve the highest business value.