Our client is a rapidly growing e-commerce company headquartered in Austin, TX. The eCommerce Manager will build and oversee the several direct reports, partner with multiple internal business units as well as external vendors. This role requires proven leadership skills and the ability to effectively grow and develop the entire eCommerce ecosystem while providing ongoing project support.
- Lead on-site employees and offshore outsourced development team to support a fast-growing Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) e-commerce ecosystem.
- Integration experience with other e-commerce ecosystem platforms such as order management, point of sale and warehouse management systems.
- Hands-on leadership that can dive into code and help develop smart solutions.
- Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications.
- Having a “customer first” mentality that understands change and how it impacts the business both in positive and negative ways.
- Assess current practices and make recommendations for improvement.
- Partner with application owners and business units to understand application roadmaps and architectures.
- Work with IT Operations as a cross-functional team to achieve shared goals.
- Mentor others: empower our tech staff and merchandising teams at every level to reach their full potential and advance the state of their craft through architecture discussions, reviews, and continual feedback
- Be able to motivate the team while maintaining customer focus and find the right balance between the two when tackling various projects.
- Prioritize work, hold the team accountable to deadlines, and actively communicate about bugs, delays or roadblocks.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 3-5 years’ experience in Computer Science, Engineering and/or equivalent field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing/leading development teams
- 2 or more years of management experience (hiring, performance reviews, coaching and development, etc.)
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) Digital Certified Developer or Digital Solution Strategist certification preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of agile methodologies
- A sensitivity to the time-to-market pressure common in retail environments
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills. Demonstrated expertise in problem-solving and technical innovation.
- The ability to put themselves in the internal customer's shoes and never lose sight of how end users think
- Very detail-oriented