Our client is a developer of a coding software designed to aid customers of all sizes to manage the code quality of their applications. The company’s software solves problems of coding issues facing by every business as well as provides products for code quality and security, enabling businesses to reduce the risks and ultimately deliver reliable and safer software. They are a front-runner in the industry and they are servicing over 200,000 organizations.
Due to growth, the Marketing group is looking to add a Director of Product Marketing to the team that is passionate and products and about software. This role will be responsible for rolling up their sleeves with the other Product Marketing Managers to create meaningful content that highlights the company’s latest features and integrations. Responsibilities include building the positioning, the stories, and the communication that highlights what their products enable. This is more than just producing content, this is also about making successful product launches, and bringing awareness and adoption of the company’s world-leading products to Developers and companies around the globe.
- Work with Product Marketing Managers to create content that will promote the company’s newest features, and maximize their impact with the audience/community that they are targeted to.
- Work with the Product Management team to define priorities, prepare upcoming go-to-market activities, and define team objectives.
- Build the positioning, the stories, and the pitches to highlight what our products enable, and how the latest developments can further empower Development teams in writing great code.
- Define and drive launch activities for upcoming product releases.
- Lead and maintain a consistent Product Marketing message across all channels.
- Protect the company’s overall offering with a clear pitch that uniquely positions the various products, and the plans & pricing for each product.
- Foster continuous delivery within this team, of authentic content and stories which resonates with a specific audience (i.e. Developers and DevOps audience)
- Perform hiring manager responsibilities to ensure growth within the Product Marketing team.
- Keep the company’s Value Proposition continuously up-to-date with the latest developments and offerings.
- Follow Agile principles, work in sprints, and deliver through timeboxes and iterations.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Experience building and leading a Product Marketing team within a fast-growth software company
- 5+ years of Software Product Marketing experience
- Specific experience marketing to Software Developers/Engineers and growing demand within the marketplace for dev tools.
- Must have a love for writing and a strong desire to produce content that will resonate with a specific audience of Software Developers and/or DevOps engineers.
- Knowledge of DevOps (products and/or practice) preferred
- A technical degree or past experience in a technical role is strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Comfortable with Agile practices and principles: start small, iterate, continuously improve. You can easily adapt.
- Ambitious Self-starter that is comfortable sharing and exploring new ideas. Of the mentality that one size does not fit all.
- Open-minded and very positive can-do attitude