Our consumer finance team will identify investment opportunities and optimize capital allocation using data science and analytics. Responsibilities will include leading the data science team’s execution of projects from ideation through production implementation. This involves cross-functional collaboration to identify data sources, select appropriate models, gain alignment across stakeholders and senior leadership, secure intellectual property rights, and transition data science models into the software development team as needed.
- Structure, plan, and lead data science projects; and suggest project follow-on opportunities
- Partner with colleagues in Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance, and IT to collect data, generate hypotheses, review analysis results, and quantify business benefits.
- Identify and create fundamental algorithms that can be leveraged across multiple projects.
- Manage direct reports as a player coach.
- Prepare and presents project results to senior leadership.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrated leadership skills to hire, develop, and motivate technical team members.
- Fluent in data fundamentals: SQL, data manipulation using a procedural language, statistics, experimentation, and modeling.
- Experience with software development: object-oriented languages, version control, automated testing, and deployment environments.
- Background in statistics and the business application of probability distributions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills on quantitative topics for a variety of audiences.
- Advanced degree in engineering, computer science, physics, or another quantitative field.
- 5+ years of experience working with and leading quantitative/technical projects and professionals.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience managing teams.
- 15+ years of overall experience.