Our client is a diversified, technology led trading company. This role will be responsible for administering, supporting, and improving a technologically diverse stack used to research and trade crypto assets across many exchanges and regions. You will work directly with developers and traders to monitor the health and utilization of systems to proactively detect/resolve issues as well as develop new tools to improve all aspects of operations. This role involves a mixture of DevOps, as well as infrastructure and applications support.
This is a full-time role with our client.
- Work as part of our team to establish and maintain best-in-class technical support for production 24-hour trading operations.
- Provide support for other US based and global offices.
- Develop proprietary process automation and monitoring tools leveraging third-party technologies as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot and resolve trading system production incidents resulting from internal or external factors.
- Automate software configuration and deployment procedures
- Support core market connectivity and correspond with exchanges regarding trade order activity, connectivity, and other related technical support issues
- Work interactively with DBA’s, core development, back office systems, QA Testers, Infrastructure and management teams when deploying production releases and troubleshooting technical issues
- The schedule for this role will include some rotating remote coverage on weekend days.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Prior experience supporting mission critical, high performance applications including process monitoring, and troubleshooting
- 3+ years of script development experience, preferably Python
- Prior database experience including query writing, table creation, and maintenance.
- 5+ years Linux platform support experience
- 1+ years Windows platform support experience
- Experience working with configuration management tools, ideally Ansible or Puppet
- Strong experience with implementing automation to solve problems
- Experience building and supporting Highly Available environments
- Flexibility to work a rotating shift schedule and take off-hours support calls as needs dictate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree