Our client is a startup that branched off from an enterprise company to build a new technology innovation center in Austin. The innovation team is a group of thought leaders who are designing, building and implementing new and creative Saas solutions. The DevOps Engineer is a key role within the software development team.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for the delivery of a dynamic system infrastructure and automation platform to support an agile software development process.
- Deployment and Release Management
- Infrastructure and Application Monitoring
- System Administration (corporate domains, corporate network exposure)
You must also have experience deploying a web application stack a cloud environment. You must have a solid understanding of scripting languages. The DevOps Engineer will play a key role in the technical development and/or resolution of problems. There will be a variety of tasks requiring permission configuration and advanced application expertise.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years technical experience supporting core business applications
- 3+ years configuration management for large scale websites in an Agile development process environment
- 3+ years of experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity
- AWS Experience, strong experience with:
- AWS CloudFormation Templates
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Big Data Tooling
- Strong work ethic and a self-starter. A proven ability to take minimal direction and execute tasks and projects.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to handle high-stress situations
- Undergraduate degree in CS, Engineering, IS or other natural sciences (or equivalent experience)
- Understanding of version control systems (including branching & merging strategies)
- Experience with software and continuous integration tools
- The ability to solve complex problems and issue management triggered by escalations or system failures
- Must be able to pass a drug test and Criminal background check