Our client is one of the top solutions and consulting agencies in Austin. They are creative thinkers with a passion for helping clients take their business to the next level.
As a Design Technologist, you’re a pixel perfectionist, with an attention to detail in developing front-end UI that bores most engineers. You love to experiment, rapidly creating modern interactions, animations, and experiences. And you’re extremely practical, thriving within tight timelines and delighting clients by showing that you *get* their business.
Our client solves business bottlenecks with custom web and mobile software. They are looking for a Design Technologist who is interested in solving challenging business problems.
Some things you’ll be doing
- You love to experiment, rapidly creating modern interactions, animations, and experiences.
- As a Design Technologies, you’re a pixel perfectionist, with an attention to detail in developing front-end UI that bores most engineers.
- You’re extremely practical, thriving within tight timelines and delighting clients by showing that you *get* their business.
- You will help grow our design practice by analyzing and incorporating the latest trends and technologies into our front-end practice.
- You will work closely with Agile engineering teams to deliver business value on a variety of different client projects.
How they work
- They work in small teams with a minimal process – everyone has the opportunity to improve together and create big things. Your success is measured by the value that your work provides to their clients’ users.
- They know that slow is fast when it comes to delivering quality: code reviews, continuous integration, and automated testing are deeply integrated into their development process.
- They work directly with our clients as co-creators, getting to know their business and their bottlenecks before architecting a solution.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years experience developing or designing responsive web app user interfaces;
- Experience developing prototypes and proofs-of-concept;
- Experience designing and implementing macro and micro interactions;
- Proficiency in HTML5, CSS compilation and frameworks (such as bootstrap, materialize, or foundation), CSS preprocessors (gulp, grunt, or webpack & sass/scss) and CSS interactions, transitions, animations, etc.;
- Proficiency in implementing responsive designs across multiple devices and browsers, along with an expertise in browser-specific UI issues;
- Expertise in modern and emerging technologies in trends in UX and design technologies;
- Familiarity with React with Redux, Angular, or other JS frameworks;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Portfolio or work samples required
Experience working in agency setting is preferred
- Native iOS and Android experience; preferred
- Authorized to work in the U.S.