Our client is hiring Software Engineers familiar with microservices, cloud architectures, and data pipelines that handle millions of events at scale, in real-time.
In this role, you will help build highly scalable, distributed and streaming systems using the best-for-the-job technologies. Applicants must be qualified and interested in designing and optimizing large data stores (multi-terabyte), data ingestion and mapping, modeling, Machine Learning pipelines and algorithms. We are hiring senior engineers proficient in building data pipelines with experience in Kafka, Scala, and cloud platforms (AWS preferred).
This is a direct-hire position, and U.S. Citizenship is required for this client.
- Architect highly scalable, distributed and streaming systems
- Design & optimize large (multi-terabyte) data stores
- Showcase strong skills in Kafka and Scala (or Java, but Scala is preferred)
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms (AWS preferred)
- Collaborate with various internal departments and work directly with a diverse internal and external team of engineers
- Provide mentorship to peers
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience with the full life cycle of scalable, cloud-based distributed & streaming data pipelines
- i.e. Designing, implementing, deploying, troubleshooting and managing
- Hands-on experience with the following:
- Data-related technologies such as Kafka, Kafka Streams, Apache Beam, etc.
- Data ingestion, mapping, and standardized schema management (structured, unstructured, Avro, JSON, etc.)
- Programming skills in Scala or Java (Scala preferred)
- Significant experience deploying in cloud-hosted environments (AWS preferred)
- Database experience – Solid background in SQL/NoSQL databases
- Implementing, optimizing & tuning Machine Learning algorithms allowing for experience w/ technologies such as Spark, TensorFlow, KSQL, etc.
- Familiarity with Microservices
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced product-focused development environment
- Enthusiasm for pursuing new challenges and technologies
- Excellent critical thinking capabilities
- Superb communication
- U.S. Citizenship and authorized to work in the U.S. is required
- Ability to pass a government security investigation and meet requirements to gain access to classified information
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience in Statistics, Machine Learning or other related fields
- Experience working in a startup environment or smaller engineering teams
- Experience deploying streaming data pipelines to mobile and edge computing environments