Our client is seeking a Data Governance expert who will create policy, establish process and data categorization as well as form new data governance teams.
- Establish data governance standards by working with project and business leaders to analyze the impact of future changes to our environment or strategic orientation and mitigate any potential risks our operations.
- Define and deploy governance projects from idea to completion in coordination with all relevant teams, coordinating organization-wide deployment where applicable and working directly with technical and implementation teams.
- Create and execute actionable policy- and data-drive plans to improve the company’s approach to privacy, ethics, or efficiency in using data.
- Take responsibility for keeping up to date with changing regulations and policies as well as current thinking, including academic work, around tech and data ethics, and around issues in governance, and understands all parts of the business well enough to identify the risks and opportunities to our business from this information.
- Improve the internal technical documentation of our data processes and procedures as well as the framework within which documentation is defined.
- Work with the rest of the organization to build and deliver training about data governance topics, including adapted to the specific requirements of a given team.
- Sets OKRs and can interface with PMO, DIG, and the Mission structure to establish priorities.
- Mentors analysts (both on the team and outside) and ensures that methods of Governance are shared broadly.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience in data governance, metadata management and data quality management
- Experience creating policy, data categorization, and forming data governance teams and process
- Previous CDO or DGO experience is preferred
- Experience working directly with C and VP level executives
- Expertise with one or more compliance frameworks such as NIST, HIPAA, FedRAMP
- Experience with data in a research or evaluation setting
- Experience with building data visualizations and dashboards
- Prior Public sector experience is preferred