Our client is looking for a Cloud & Infrastructure Architect to help lead an organization-wide transformation. The Cloud & Infrastructure Architect will be responsible for a variety of complex initiatives and will need to offer guidance and support to achieve strategic goals.
- Contribute architectural expertise to the organization across multiple business and technology domains.
- Provide strategic vision for the organization using managed solutions, cloud, and traditional capabilities, complete with forecasted cost of ownership.
- Conceive and support architectural oversight, using principles, policies, and guardrails in an organizational integration development environment.
- Ability to work cross functionally on architectural efforts of the highest significance that involve technical, business, and organizational complexity.
- Knowledge of TOGAF and how to apply the framework to an agile organization.
- Develop migration roadmap and transition architectures to ensure value realization and cost containment.
- Ability to articulate the changing definition that leveraging cloud solutions brings to organization-wide concepts such as disaster recovery and backup.
- Offer guidance, training, and coaching to other employees as well as the organization as a whole on complex initiatives.
- Ability to determine strategic business needs and identify and recommend appropriate options to key stakeholders.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 12+ years of experience in architecture, infrastructure or system engineering.
- 5+ years of significant experience with architecting enterprise cloud computing, AWS preferred, and how to analyze TCO versus traditional approaches.
- Deep experience with the tooling required to effectively automate DevOps efforts in the cloud (such as Puppet, Terraform, Chef, and Azure DevOps).
- Direct experience with enterprise instrumentation and monitoring products.
- 3+ years of experience in cloud migration and rearchitecture efforts, with the ability to understand and articulate the relevant drivers and decision-points an enterprise must consider.
- Experience as a strategic architect, providing advice and support to teams in an agile environment.
- Experience with facilitating and supporting SaaS and PaaS platforms (Salesforce, Workday, iPaaS)
- Experience evaluating and weighing costs and complexities to architectural principles when articulating solutions and road maps.
- Experience building effective relationships and collaboratively communicating throughout a complex organization.
- Experience with defining and implementing practical SLA, RPO, and RTO targets.
- Experience leading the research of emerging cloud and infrastructure trends to identify potential opportunities for the enterprise.
- Experience transitioning the entirety of an on-premise infrastructure environment to AWS and other 3rd party SaaS and PaaS solutions.
- Experience leading infrastructure design and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Experience reaching broad and wide, frequently outside of preconceived boundaries, to achieve the highest business value.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience (Masters preferred).