Our client is a mission-minded SaaS company headquartered in Austin that is building a new product to improve the way they deliver their solution to clients. This hands-on role, reporting to the CTO, focuses on the design and implementation of a scalable data warehouse for their SaaS software platform solutions. The Chief Data Architect is a critical role for the team and responsible for analyzing, prototyping, and driving the team’s direction on the Data technology platform.
- Design and implement the enterprise data platform
- Selecting data-related technologies and design architectures
- Be a visible and vocal leader to the broader team by mentoring, training, and evangelizing best practices and strategy
- Design and improve all aspects of the platform, applications and solutions
- Identify and enforce the ability to monitor key KPI's
- Work closely with other members of the senior leadership team to provide direction of the data in the platform
- Provide hands-on application design & development of data structures
- Contribute to corporate architecture reviews
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ years experience delivering mission-critical, enterprise class solutions
- 5+ years experience with data systems (data warehouse and data mart design implementations)
- Data modeling for modern systems and distributed application architectures
- Design and implementation of ETL’s and data migrations
- Big data processing systems (such as Map-Reduce, Hadoop, etc.)
- Experience implementing NoSQL data stores, including; MongoDB, Elastic, Cassandra, etc.
- Domain knowledge of the following;
- Micro-Services Architecture
- Strong in Data modeling and ETL best practices
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Domain-Driven Design
- A proven ability to learn new concepts and tools.
- Self-starter who can work effectively in a fast-paced Agile development environment.
- Experience in event-driven systems and implementing enterprise service buses, CQRS and/or event sourcing is a plus