Our client is hiring an Application Engineer to build front-end applications on top of highly scalable, distributed systems. Individuals must be interested in designing and optimizing engaging and interactive user interfaces.
This is a direct-hire position, and U.S. Citizenship is required for this client. Security clearance highly preferred.
- Highly collaborative and requires comfortability in an ever-changing environment.
- Interact with customers, partners, and other external teams.
- Gather technical requirements, define technical solutions, perform software interface and integration.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in software development roles
- 2+ years of professional experience with React
- Experience with API development using RESTful techniques
- Ability to build and update GraphQL services
- Experience with Node.js is strongly preferred
- Preference for experience related to mapping, geo-referenced imagery display, near-realtime display, technical or analytics display, interactive user interfaces
- Hands-on experience building and deploying interactive data-driven web applications
- Hands-on experience deploying applications in cloud-hosted environments (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Current or in-scope DoD (or USIC / DoE) security clearance at any level would be a significant advantage
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced product-focused development environment
- Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience in startup environments and/or on small engineering teams
- Experience working with government clients is a plus